Robust ThemeDec 09, 2019 2020-04-08 7:40
How SMART Goals Can Help Small Businesses Achieve Their Targets
Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy, accounting for nearly half of all private-sector jobs. But too often, small businesses don't have the tools they need to achieve their full potential.
One such tool is goal setting. When small business owners set SMART goals, they give themselves a roadmap to follow and a target to aim for. In this article, we'll discuss what SMART goals are and how to use them to succeed in your small business.
What are SMART goals?
SMART goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. They're a great way for small businesses to achieve their targets.
Why use SMART goals?
SMART goals can help small businesses stay on track and achieve their targets. They're a great way to measure progress and ensure you're moving in the right direction.
How to write SMART goals
When writing SMART goals, it's important to keep the following in mind:
- Specific: The goal should be clear and specific.
- Measurable: The goal should be able to be measured.
- Achievable: The goal should be achievable.
- Relevant: The goal should be relevant to the business.
- Time-bound: The goal should have a deadline.
Example SMART goals
Here are some examples of SMART goals that small businesses might set:
- Increase sales by 10% in the next quarter.
- Launch a new product by the end of the year.
- Grow social media following by 50% in the next 6 months.
Here are a few tips for reaching your SMART goals:
- Set realistic deadlines: If your goal is to lose weight, don't set a deadline to lose 10 pounds in two weeks. It's unrealistic, and you're likely to be disappointed with yourself if you don't meet the goal. Instead, set a deadline to lose 1-2 pounds per week until you reach your desired weight.
- Break down your goals into smaller steps: If your goal is to run a marathon, break it down into smaller steps such as running a certain distance each week or signing up for a race. This will help keep you motivated and on track to achieve your goal.
- Make sure your goals are relevant to you: If your goal is to make more money, but you hate sales, it will not be very motivating. Choose goals that are relevant to you and that you'll enjoy working towards.
- Hold yourself accountable: Tell your friends and family about your goals and ask them to help keep you accountable. Alternatively, use an app or online tool to track your progress and stay on track.
- Track your progress: One way to determine if your SMART goals are working is to track your progress. This can be done by setting milestones and measuring your results against them. You can adjust your goals accordingly if you’re not achieving the desired results.
- Celebrate Success: Celebrating your successes along the way is important, as this will keep you motivated to continue working towards your targets.
Reaching your SMART goals can help you achieve your targets. Keep these tips in mind and you'll be well on your way to success. Achieving your targets doesn’t have to be complicated. Setting SMART goals can increase your chances of success and make the process more enjoyable.
So what are you waiting for? Start setting those goals today! Book a call with us to get started.